Using Apple Pay on Amazon is a convenient and secure way to make purchases on the e-commerce platform using your Apple device.
While Amazon doesn’t directly support Apple Pay, there’s a workaround that involves using your Apple Card, which is linked to Apple Pay, to make purchases on Amazon.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through the steps to set up and use Apple Pay on Amazon in detail.
Setting Up Apple Pay on Amazon:
- Ensure You Have an Apple Card: To use Apple Pay on Amazon, you need an Apple Card. If you don’t have one, you can apply for it through the Wallet app on your iPhone.
- Add Your Apple Card to Apple Pay:
- Open the Wallet app on your iPhone.
- Tap the ‘+’ button to add a card.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add your Apple Card to Apple Pay. You may need to verify your identity and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Open Amazon: Launch the Amazon app or go to the Amazon website on your preferred web browser.
- Shop for Products:
- Browse Amazon and add the products you want to purchase to your shopping cart.
- Proceed to Checkout:
- Once you’ve added all the items you want to buy, click on the shopping cart icon and select “Proceed to Checkout.”
Using Apple Pay to Complete Your Purchase:
- Enter Shipping and Billing Information:
- You will need to enter or verify your shipping and billing information. Ensure that your shipping address matches the one associated with your Apple Card.
- Payment Method:
- In the payment section, you’ll see your saved payment methods. Choose “Edit” or “Change” to update your payment method.
- Select Your Apple Card: Choose your Apple Card as the payment method for the transaction.
- Authorize Payment with Face ID or Touch ID:
- A prompt will appear asking you to authorize the payment using either Face ID or Touch ID, depending on your device.
- If you’re using a Mac with Apple Pay support, you may be prompted to use your iPhone to complete the payment.
- Confirm the Purchase:
- Once your payment is authorized, review the order details and click “Place your order” or “Confirm purchase” to complete the transaction.
Using Apple Pay on Amazon offers several security benefits:
- Biometric Authentication: Apple Pay relies on Face ID or Touch ID, adding an extra layer of security to your transactions.
- Tokenization: Your Apple Card information is not shared with the merchant. Instead, a unique token is used for each transaction, enhancing security.
- Device Authentication: Apple Pay can only be used on devices linked to your Apple ID, adding another layer of security.
- Ensure You’re Using the Amazon App: While it’s possible to make purchases using Apple Pay on Amazon through a web browser, using the Amazon app on your iPhone or iPad is typically more seamless.
- Check Your Apple Card Settings: Ensure that your Apple Card is set as the default payment method in your Wallet settings.
- Update Your Apple Pay: Make sure you have the latest version of the Wallet app and Amazon app to ensure compatibility.
- Verify Shipping Address: Ensure that your shipping address on Amazon matches the one associated with your Apple Card.
- Contact Customer Support: If you encounter any issues, consider reaching out to Apple or Amazon customer support for assistance.
Final Conclusion on How to Use Apple Pay on Amazon?
In conclusion, while Amazon doesn’t natively support Apple Pay, you can use your Apple Card, linked to Apple Pay, to make secure and convenient purchases on the platform.
Setting up and using Apple Pay on Amazon involves a few straightforward steps, providing a seamless shopping experience with added security features.
Remember to keep your Apple Card and device secure to protect your payment information while enjoying the convenience of Apple Pay on Amazon.