Determining the authenticity of an American Tourister bag is crucial to ensure you’re getting a genuine product of good quality.
Counterfeit goods are widespread, and distinguishing between real and fake items can be challenging.
In this guide, I’ll provide you with comprehensive instructions on how to check if your American Tourister bag is authentic, covering various aspects such as logos, labels, materials, zippers, stitching, and more.
1. Purchase from Authorized Retailers: The most foolproof way to ensure your American Tourister bag is genuine is to buy it from authorized retailers. Visit the official American Tourister website or contact their customer service to find a list of authorized dealers in your area. Buying from reputable stores or their online platform reduces the risk of purchasing counterfeit products.
2. Verify the Logo: The American Tourister logo is a prominent feature on their bags. Check that the logo is spelled correctly, with no misspellings or altered fonts. Pay close attention to the positioning and spacing of the logo; it should be centered and evenly spaced.
3. Examine the Labels and Tags: Real American Tourister bags typically have high-quality, well-stitched labels and tags. Look for labels that include the brand’s name, logo, and relevant product information such as model number and barcode. The label should be securely attached and not easily removed or damaged.
4. Check the Quality of Materials: American Tourister bags are known for their durability and quality materials. Counterfeit bags may use subpar materials that feel flimsy or look cheap. Authentic bags are made of sturdy, high-quality fabrics, and the colors should be consistent and vibrant.
5. Inspect the Zippers and Hardware: Authentic American Tourister bags use high-quality zippers and hardware. Check the zippers for smooth operation and branded pull tabs. The hardware should be sturdy, and the logo may be engraved or embossed onto metal components.
6. Study the Stitching: Look closely at the stitching on the bag. Authentic American Tourister bags have precise and evenly spaced stitching. Counterfeit bags often have uneven or sloppy stitching, which can be a telltale sign of a fake.
7. Examine the Interior: Open your bag and inspect the interior. Genuine American Tourister bags typically have a clean and well-organized interior with labeled pockets, compartments, and tags indicating the brand name. Poorly made counterfeit bags may have uneven stitching, loose threads, or low-quality linings.
8. Compare with Authentic Images: Search for official images of the American Tourister bag you purchased online. Compare your bag to these images to check for any discrepancies in design, color, or detailing. This can help you spot any major differences that indicate a fake.
9. Authenticate the Warranty Card: If your bag comes with a warranty card, verify its authenticity. Counterfeit bags might include fake or invalid warranty cards. Contact American Tourister customer support to validate the warranty information if you have any doubts.
10. Pay Attention to Price: While a lower price may be tempting, be cautious of deals that seem too good to be true. If a price appears significantly lower than the retail price, it could be a sign that the bag is counterfeit. Always research the average price of the specific American Tourister bag you’re interested in to gauge its authenticity.
11. Seek Expert Advice: If you are still unsure about the authenticity of your American Tourister bag, consider seeking expert advice. Contact American Tourister’s customer service or visit an authorized retailer to have your bag inspected by professionals who can confirm its authenticity.
12. Beware of Online Marketplaces: Exercise caution when purchasing American Tourister bags from online marketplaces like eBay or Alibaba. These platforms may have both genuine and counterfeit products. Check the seller’s ratings and reviews, and ask for additional photos and information if needed.
13. Trust Your Instincts: Finally, trust your instincts. If something about the bag feels off or if you have a gut feeling that it might be fake, it’s better to be cautious and explore further before making a purchase.
Final Conclusion on How to Check American Tourister Bag is Original?
In conclusion, verifying the authenticity of your American Tourister bag involves a combination of careful inspection, research, and common sense.
Always prioritize buying from authorized retailers and be diligent in examining the bag’s details.
Remember that counterfeit products not only compromise quality but also potentially support unethical practices.
By following these guidelines, you can increase your chances of owning a genuine American Tourister bag that meets the brand’s quality standards.