Ranakpur Tirth is a proud story of Indian history for historians. India is a unique destination for tourists from home and abroad.
For any architect, this is artistic, romantic architecture that gives you a moment’s experience of the subtlety and beauty of architecture.
- Mokshamarg is a beautiful temple for any devotee. Therefore, it is said that a person who has not seen Ranakpur must have lost a lot in life, that is, his life is considered incomplete.
- This Dharanvihar, created by Dharanashah, is considered to be a unique creation in Indian temple architecture due to its skillful architecture and fine carvings.
- The sculptor’s imagination is diverse in this architecture, but at the same time, one can feel the touch of his new talent in this construction.
- This architecture has some special metaphorical experiments and innovative and original creations. In that sense, Dharanvihar is a unique, priceless, aesthetic gem of Maru-Gurjar architecture.
- The unique features of this Jinmandir are the extremely fine and elaborate and beautiful garlands made of a single stone. It is mentioned that there were 108 or 12 pylons when the temple was built. At present, there are three such pylons in the assembly hall of the temple. These pylons are reminiscent of the world-famous pylons of Jinalaya of Abu Delgada. When there will be 12 such pylons, one has to imagine how excellent the richness of the columns will be. In this temple, the total number of pillars inside the basement and at the base of the temple is 12 pillars.
The construction of this Jinmandir cost Rs 5 lakh five hundred and fifty years ago, which today amounts to several crores of rupees. One of the manuscripts notes:
In the sanctum sanctorum of this Dharanvihar Jinmandir, which is like the incarnation of Nandishwar Island and radiant in all three worlds, there are four 5 inch statues of the original hero Tirthakar Shri Adishwar Bhagwan as Chaumukhji. This Dharanvihar temple is located in an area of 6,000 square feet. The entire temple is built of several goldstone.
The beautiful structure of the dir and its strong mold give an idea of the depth of its foundation. The steps, ornaments, pavilions, doors are all in the same direction in all four directions of this Trilokayadeepak temple.
The main temple with four doors on all four sides, four sabha mandapas, four huge Meghnad mandapas, high pillars with pylons, four shikarbandhi derasaras with babe mandapas in the four corners of the main temple
Ranakpur is a town of pillars. Dharnashah thought of constructing Chaturmukh Jinprasad and to form this Chaturmukh Jinprasad, high Devakulikas have to be formed.
Moreover, the pinnacle of this Jinmandir is so high that more pillars are needed to carry the load of its stones, so this Jinmandir has an incomparable structure of 12 pillars.
Moreover, the structure of the pillars is such that the pillars do not seem to be crowded and yet the devotees entering the temple are stunned by the magnificence and multiplicity of the pillars.
These pillars are arranged in different rows horizontally and vertically in such a way that the visitors standing at any place in this entire temple will not be left unobstructed in one direction or the other without any hindrance.
Thus these pillars on the one hand give an experience of architectural beauty, on the other hand, they do not become an obstacle anywhere in Prabhudarshan.
The history of renovation of this temple and the foresight and love of the art of Shresthivaryashree Kasturbhai Lalbhai has become a proud history today.
Today, besides India, pilgrims, devotees, and tourists from India, America, Japan, and many other countries come to visit Shri Ranakpur Tirth. Its fine carvings and fine architecture fascinate the whole world.
Moreover, the surprising fact and rare coincidence are that the descendants of Mantri Dharnashah and Shrestha Ratnashah are still raising a new flag in the fourteenth generation.
At that time priests (gothic) were brought from Chitod for seva-puja. Today, his legacy serves as a priest.
In the same way, the descendants of the great sculptor Depa are working on the renovation of Derasar today. Today, the fourteenth generation of the night and day security guards of the temple is also found.
In the meantime, the maintenance of Jinalaya was hampered for hundreds of years, but the tradition of the blood of these fourteen generations is still alive.
Final Conclusion on Ranakpur Jain Tirth Rajasthan
If you have liked this article, then kindly please share it with your friends via various social media platforms.
Thank you so much for sharing your valuable time with us and reading this article till the end.